On 06/01/2015 10:47 PM, Bob Cochran wrote:
Hi,

While building a python 2.7 C extension module on the target (e.g.,
python setup.py build) I found that I needed to modify
/usr/lib64/python2.7/_sysconfigdata.py to successfully build the module.

I modified both CC and LDSHARE.  For both, I removed
--sysroot=/build/yocto/<project>/tmp/sysroots/<machine>'.  And for
LDSHARE, I added -L/lib64, so gcc_s could be found.

I'm wondering whether this is expected behavior or perhaps a bug.
Perhaps I should have setup my environment differently for building a C
extension module on the target?

I would appreciate any advice on the best way to rectify this so I can
use a non-modified, generated rootfs to build C extension modules on my
target.

For now, I modified my setup.py to include the following in my call to Extension():

                    include_dirs=['/usr/include'],
                    library_dirs=['/lib64'])

However, I don't think I should need to do this, and I didn't have to do this on targets (rootfs) generated by earlier poky releases. I'll keep digging...

I'm using poky fido (508c4cac320d) and building with a Freescale t1040
64bit (meta-fsl-ppc).

Thanks

Bob