On 2015-07-24 14:09, Christopher Larson wrote:

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com
<mailto:g...@mlbassoc.com>> wrote:

    On 2015-07-24 13:30, Aníbal Limón wrote:

        Hi Gary,

        What version of python do you use?.

        Since 2.7.9 cert checking is enabled by default causing this kind of
errors. [1]

        [1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0476/

        Kind regards,
              alimon

    I'm using the stock python 2.7.9 from Poky/Yocto
master:901be2cb69892595443ed41ab4be285932db15eb

    Is there an answer for this that's a bit less intrusive?
    Perhaps there could be a DISTRO or even IMAGE feature to
    enable/disable this checking?

    The pep you referenced mostly talks about why this was changed
    and how to disable it - manually within the python code itself.
    What I don't see is where/how/what to change/import to actually
    let the full certificate checking happen.

I think the better bet is to fix it so it actually finds the certs from
ca-certificates rather than bypassing certificate checking, personally, but I
can see how that would be a
useful workaround. :)

I tried this same code on my Ubuntu 15.04 desktop and it looks
like they've disabled it in the main python http[s] code - there
were no certificates examined during the transaction as far as
I could tell (strace is my friend)

I'll see if I can figure out how to stitch this together with our
[Poky/Yocto/OE-core] setup for OpenSSL and ca-certificates.