On 15-09-14 01:38 PM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com]

The tool may have created these files, but the question is ..
What release are you using ? If you check something in the kernel meta
directory, I can tell you if the warning is wrong, or something is
really being missed.

I'm using Fido.

The reason I asked about the release, is that the location of
the kernel
meta directory will be in a different place between the various
releases. But it is always in the kernel source directory,
whether it is
in work-shared, or in work. So if you head to that directory and look
for either .meta or .kernel-meta, you should see a file
"top_tgt" in that
directory.

Look at the contents of that file. It should point to those generated
files you referenced above. If it doesn't .. they weren't used, and we
need to figure out why.

The file
"/home/pauld/yocto-fido/build/tmp/work-shared/chroma-bsp/kernel-source/.me
ta/top_tgt" contains
"/home/pauld/yocto-fido/build/tmp/work-shared/chroma-bsp/kernel-source/.me
ta/cfg/scratch/obj/home/pauld/yocto-fido/meta-chroma-bsp/recipes-kernel/li
nux/files/chroma-bsp-preempt-rt.scc". That referenced folder includes a
copy of all the .scc and .cfg files I mentioned before. I guess that means
that they are in fact being used.

Yep. If everything was copied, then you are good.

And now that you point that out, I recall a bug that when I created
that warning, that it was catching the yocto BSP generated files.
I swear I fixed it, but obviously not. I'll need to track down that
bugzilla entry.

Bruce

Does that mean that this warning message is spurious, and can be ignored?
My kernel is hanging during the boot at this point, but I suspect my real
problem is elsewhere.

Thanks so much for your time helping me to figure this out.