On 15-10-29 03:06 PM, Edward Wingate wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com> wrote:
That's the kernel's configuration subsystem at play, it still has to
process the the defconfig (which was placed as .config before starting
the kernel build). Invalid options are removed, others are selected
by Kconfigs, etc. So what you end up with is the processed .config and
your old one in .config.old.

Ah, OK, it's possible the option I wanted (CONFIG_REMOTEPROC) is not
available for my machine (imx6/wandboard) and so removed.  Where can I
look to see if a config option is valid for a particular
machine/architecture?

I'm working on some patches that will show you that as part of the
configuration audit task (there's potentially a library I can
leverage) .. but for now, either looking at the Kconfig's or running
menuconfig are the best (brute force) way to find what is missing.

Bruce

Thanks for the help.