All,

I'm on poky/dizzy-1.7.3 and I'm having some conflict when creating image
specific packages.  I have two separate images that I build.  One image is the
production-ready image and the other is a development image.  The development
image includes the -dbg versions of packages and all the tools for remote
debugging.  I am using opkg for a package manager and I have my own feed-config
package (called "custom-feed-config") which contains the opkg configuraiton
files describing the package source locations.  I am trying to create a
custom-feed-config-dev package which contains a different path to the package
sources for the development image.  However, I'm getting conflicts during the
build because custom-feed-config and custom-feed-config-dev both provide the
same files (the configuration file names are the same, they just have different
content to point to the different package source locations).  In an effort to
resolve these conflicts I set "PROVIDES = "custom-feed-config"" in
 custom-feed-config-dev.  But now I'm getting warnings to specify a
PREFERRED_PROVIDER for custom-feed-config because there are two providers for
custom-feed-config.  I've tried setting the PREFERRED_PROVIDER in the image
recipe but that didn't help.

So I want to be able to build both my production-ready and development images
on the same build machine but let each image have its own separate opkg feed
sources included in the image.  If any of you have done this for your build
systems, can you share how you did this?

Thanks,
Bryan