On 12/13/2015 12:57 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

On Dec 13, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Clay D. Montgomery <c...@montgomery1.com <mailto:c...@montgomery1.com>> wrote:

I'm trying to understand which of these OpenSSH package options I should use with the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL option:

    openssh
    openssh-sshd
    openssh-sftp
    openssh-sftp-server

I want OpenSSH server functionality that supports both the scp and sftp protocols. I first tried just 'openssh' and found that it provides scp but not sftp. So then I tried the latter 3 options and I got sftp, but not scp. Do I really need all 4 of these to get scp and sftp?

I checked this recipe guide and found it lists yet another package named 'packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh <http://recipes.yoctoproject.org/rrs/recipedetail/122/>' but it says nothing about sftp.
http://recipes.yoctoproject.org/rrs/recipes/2.1/M2/

I would appreciate some advise.

you can just do

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “ssh-server-openssl” in local.conf

or

IMAGE_FEATURES += "ssh-server-openssl"

via a bbappend in your layer if you hinging on to same image recipe otherwise if you have your own image recipe
then add it to that.

Thanks, Clay Montgomery

Raj,

Thanks for the help, but that does not seem to provide the required sftp server that is supposed to be here:
    /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

I found that I have to add all 3 of these in the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL list to get both scp and sftp clients and servers:
    openssh
    openssh-sftp
    openssh-sftp-server

Thanks, Clay