> On Feb 4, 2016, at 10:07 PM, Josias Inacio da Silva Filho
> <josiasina...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I’m trying to run a recipe that has dependencies in the generation of the
> roofts and kernel image files. Without those two files already in the deploy
> folder, I cannot start running my recipe.
>
> Some suggested that I should add the task in a class and make that dependent
> of do_rootfs. Then, inherit that class in a recipe. But I haven’t been
> successful with that. Here’s what I have:
>
> myclass.bbclass:
>
> do_work() {
>         #main work done here
> }
> addtask work after do_rootfs
>
> ##### end of class
>
> myrecipe.bb:
>
> inherit myclass
>
> do_deploy() {
>     do_work
> }
> addtask do_deploy
>
> ##### end of recipe
>

> This must be very wrong, as the do_deploy task of my recipe is being executed
> before do_rootfs happens, so it fails because do_work needs files that
> haven’t been created in the deploy folder yet.
>
> How can I fix this? Do I really need a class and recipe, or can I get away
> with just having one or the other?

actually its better for you to latch onto image recipe via additional task
defined in bbappend

something like below

addtask mytask after do_rootfs before do_build
do_mytask[depends] += "${PN}:do_rootfs"
do_mytask[depends] += "virtual/kernel:do_deploy"
# We want to build updater everytime we build image
do_mytask[nostamp] = “1"

do_mytask() {
}