> On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Stroz, Glenn <gst...@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We’re trying to build a 64 bit arm project. However, one of our applications
> needs to be built in 32 bit mode as it isn’t supported in 64 bit yet. I’ve
> looked around and it looks like I need to adjust the tuning to be for armv7
> instead of the default. However, when I set DEFAULTTUNE in the application
> recipe it does not compile the 32 bit cross compiler and bails out with a
> dependency error. Is there a system in place where we can adjust the tuning
> for a specific recipe?
>
> Multilib doesn’t appear to be the solution since it’s tailored towards
> libraries and not applications. Not sure if there’s anything else that would
> work.

infact multilib is the solution, its not limited to libraries. If multilib
worked for your arch you would

bitbake lib32-<yourapp>
and it will bring in all needed dependencies + compile your app in 32bit mode
or whatever the multilib warrants.

Question however is if combination that you are expecting is supported or not.