Hello everyone,

I started to build linux distributions for different devices and I would like to write some scripts that automatically clones git repositories (poky, necessary layers, etc) and build the final image for the desired device. The configuration templates (provided from my custom layer) are the same for all devices except the MACHINE variable. Until now, for testing, I have manually set the TEMPLATECONF path (export TEMPLATECONF= path-to-my-layer/meta-mylayer/conf source poky/oe-init-build-env build-mydevice) and modified the local.conf with the correspondant MACHINE name before creating any image.

What would it be the best practice to minimize the configuration part? Use the same template configurations and modify the variables (in this case the MACHINE variable) after? Or have separate template configurations for each device inside my layer?

    Thanks in advance!