On 2016-10-19 10:25 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
Hi all,

I've been gathering material for the 2.2 release notes, here is what I have at
the moment. Things missing:

* Any new features/enhancements for the kernel tools - Bruce, is there
anything worth noting?

It is probably worth mentioning a few things on that front, I'll provide
some raw bullets points here .. and they can be wordsmithed as needed:

 - kernel tools were streamlined, with patching/configuration overhead
   reduced or eliminated in most cases.
 - kernel configuration audit was improved and runs as a standalone tool
 - kernel configuration audit provides symbol resolution and dependency
information to allow troubleshooting of missing/incorrect/invalid symbols
 - kernel tools use upstream utilities directly, without local patches or
   wrappers.

Bruce

* Known issues that are worth calling out

Note that I haven't included all of the bugfixes in this release since we
haven't been recently and there are a lot of them. I do have a list of them if
we want to include them but not only is it very long, it's not guaranteed to
be devoid of fixes for regressions within the release and I also haven't
tweaked any of the items to be more understandable out of context as I have
with the features/enhancements.

Let me know if I've missed or misrepresented anything.

Cheers,
Paul