I am on Krogoth.  I have an autotools inheriting recipe.  The configure script
runs a python script (in repo), that imports an out-of-python-distro module.

I can’t seem to wrap my head around the correct way to express this in terms of
dependencies, such that when I build with an SDK, I can import this module.

What does seem to work is adding nativesdk-python-foomodule to
RRECOMMENDS_python-core_append_class-nativesdk in the python recipe.  Is there
a better way?

My intuition says that:

DEPENDS += “python-foomodule-native”

translated to words means: to build this package, you need
python-foomodule-native.  And given that the target -dev packages get included
in the SDK when you do this…the same doesn’t appear to be the case for python
modules?

I feel like I am missing a fundamental concept.

Thx for your time.

-brad bishop