On 2017-02-03 03:42 AM, David Vincent wrote:
On dimanche 29 janvier 2017 23:31:49 CET Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I spent Friday looking into this in more detail, and to keep things
consistent
with how the path and config queues are handled, with all the tree
manipulations
pull out of the various scripts and exposed in the bbclass itself, I ended
up with
a different implementation of the support.

The kern-tools change is the same as you did (and is your change), the
difference
is in the bbclass processing, where do_patch() modifies the tree, and it
consumes
the output of the meta-data routine .. versus the kgit-meta script itself.
Thanks for looking into this and come up with a better implementation. I agree
that mine was a little harsh.
The work can be seen in my poky-contrib tree:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=zedd/kernel,
in the
commit "kern-tools: re-enable scc merge command".

These changes are on master, and passed my testing to merge feature branches
into the branch being built.
Saw it, read it and saw that it was now in master-next, ready to be pulled.

If you are able to try it out (on master), that would be great. I'm going
to let it
soak for a few days, and once it merges to master, it can be ported to
morty.
Sorry, I don't have a master build ready but as soon as I can test it whether
on morty or master, I will report back.

Perfect. Since I just sent my kernel series to master, I can flip my
builder to morty and have a look as well. I'd still like to confirm that
it does work in your scenario, but I can do the lifting to get it ready
for morty with a run of my own.

Cheers,

Bruce

David