On 03/23/2017 12:25 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
That's really bizarre. There shouldn't be anything in a bitbake build that
could cause anything like this (other than possibly how intensive it is, which
might trigger out-of-memory or an underlying hardware/software failure).

I usually get my builds to reboot my system when I build on a loptop. I have not seen this on a tower style work station. You may want to play with the BB_NUMBER_THREADS=# and PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j #" settings in your local.conf.

- armin

Assuming the X session is ending is there anything in your ~/.xsession-errors
or /var/log/Xorg.*.log?

Cheers,
Paul