On 05/18/2017 02:40 PM, Alan Levy wrote:
I have a recipe that fetches code from an SVN repository and uses
${SRCPV} to obtain its version number. This works fine under Morty but
the recipe crashes out with an error under Pyro because it can’t find
the SVN executable.

Eventually I traced this down to the fact that SVN is missing from the
list of host apps defined in HOSTTOOLS in bitbake.conf. If I add an
assignment in local.conf to append svn to HOSTTOOLS all is well again.

I think that this is almost certainly a bug but I thought I’d raise the
question here just in case it’s really me doing something wrong.

There is a subversion recipe in oe-core, and it should be built (in the native variant) specifically for this purpose (base.bbclass):

        # Svn packages should DEPEND on subversion-native
        if scheme == "svn":
            needsrcrev = True
d.appendVarFlag('do_fetch', 'depends', ' subversion-native:do_populate_sysroot')

BUT... we no longer have recipes in oe-core that fetch from svn:// so it does not get tested, and may well have regressed.

Can you check if it does get build, and whether the subversion binary gets installed into your recipe's sysroot?

Alex