Hi guys,
I am new to OE, only been using it about two months. I undertook the
challenge of building the entire Puppy Linux and Quirky Linux distro
from source in OE.

I had to import approximately 140 packages, there are some failures.
Some of those I can probably revisit, as my ability with OE has been
slowly moving up the learning curve.

Thanks to the guys who created those layers that I was able to use,
such as meta-office and meta-browser -- so have libreoffice and
firefox in my build.

See my blog announcement:

http://barryk.org/news/?viewDetailed=00576

And it is all on github, with a nice readme:

https://github.com/bkauler/oe-qky-src

Due to the fact that I am still somewhere low on the OE learning
curve, if anyone notices anything dumb in my layer, let me know. Or
any improvements or fixes.

Regards,
Barry Kauler