Ive just tried adding X11 as you suggested (opengl was already added) but still not working. Something strange I'm finding is that there isn't any libGL.so in /usr/lib (in the rpi device). There is a libGLESv2.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have also tried to add Qt to the image to see if I can launch a qml example, but it's not even generating the image. It complains it cannot find any opengl or gles implementation :S