Perfect, that worked.

On 21. sep. 2017 03:45, Andre McCurdy wrote:
> Since image recipes don't have a do_configure task (or at least, they
> do their work in tasks such as do_rootfs which don't depend on
> do_configure), using the DEPENDS shorthand for setting dependencies
> for the do_configure task doesn't work.

Technically, this isn't a Yocto image recipe per se, but a general recipe for processing some file which happens to have the name "image" in it. The naming was perhaps a little misleading.

Notice that this recipe does not disable the default tasks, so all of them run, including do_configure. What I learned after some experimentation is that DEPENDS seems to works fine if you place your custom tasks after the do_configure tasks:

    addtask do_spu_rootfs before do_build after do_compile

This construct seems to work even if you disable the confiugre task with do_configure[noexec]="1"

But agreed, this works because of the implicit dependency on do_populate_* by do_compile. Setting the dep explicitly with the "longhand" format is more robust.

Best regards,
Svein