Hi, I am working on a yocto 2.0 based distro and we usually populate_sdk and
use the toolchain included in SDK.

But we also like to check the SDK into a SVN repo, and checkout it anywhere,
and use it away right where it is checked out. And since the nativesdk binaries
are based on a different glibc than native, and have the “dynamic loader” path
hardcoded in them, so I have to patch the toolchain binaries’ .interp secion to
point to a common place, and update the loader into that common place
automatically in some way. Other than this, things works very good for us.

Then I am thinking: is it a good practice, to use the native/cross toolchain
directly from the tmp/sysroots/x86_64-native folder. I tried and succeeded, by
just moving the sysroot to where the populated nativesdk toolchain was.

An extra bonus about this is that we got a more populated sysroot for native
platform too, for example a openssl dev package at the same version as that on
target, that we can actually use to make the native platform a closer-to-target
dev env for some “workbench” build.

However I’m still wondering: is there any thing negative about this style? One
thing known is that the SDK-using host need to be similar to the SDK-building
host, but that is not an issue for us. But anything else, guys?