On 01/09/2018 08:45 PM, Matt Schepers wrote:
For this recipe the base package is called users.rpm and I can see it in the
RPM. Using 'bitbake users -e | grep PN' I was able to find that PN is also set
to users, which seems correct.

However the recipe does not install python3-modules even though it's specified
in RDEPENDS. I can get it to work by forcing python3-modules in the
IMAGE_INSTALL variable, but this is not how I expect yocto to work based on the
documentation.

Then you need to inspect the user.rpm file using the rpm toolset, and find out whether python3-modules is indeed in package dependencies.

Alex