What’s the recommended way to be able to propogate target-specific compile-time
CPU tune information to affect the build of a source file in my own custom
layer?

For example, if I’m building for an arm6-based target, I’d like to be able to
have the __ARM_ARCH_6__ symbol be available when the Yocto system builds my
custom layer.  The BSP for such a target obviously defines this symbol when
building its files for such a target.  Is there an easy way to propagate this
information to my own custom layer, to affect my own sources?  Maybe my recipe
needs to include certain conf files from other layers such as meta or the BSP
layer?

Currently, I notice that architecture-level symbols are available to my custom
layer at compile time, such as __aarch64_ and __arm__, but not CPU tune
information, such as __ARM_ARCH_6__.

- Steve Pavao
Korg R&D