> On Mar 20, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

>>> Just a bit longer than a day, maybe 30 hours, if it needs to update
>>> the
>>> typical amount of 100-150 packages. I'll shift it to monthly then.
>> Personally I'm leaning to every couple of weeks...
>
> My worry is that shorter AUH periods will lead to reminder fatigue. Also the
> period between submitting the updates, and having them show up in master is
> sometimes less than ideal, even when the freeze is not in effect.

I agree with both of you. I guess that makes me a transistor that can’t decide
which path to choose :)

For meta-perl and meta-python, I am striving to run once a week, but that isn’t
intended to send email out to any maintainers, it is just for my own
accounting. It gets very messy with in-flight patches, which I hope to fix by
using git-pw to not include packages that already have an upgrade in review. It
is also optimistic for me to personally fix the 20+ packages that need updates
at any given moment. This is why I need run time testing to give me better
confidence in auto-upgraded recipes. Working on it :)