On 3/28/18 11:00 PM, Vincent Daanen wrote:
On 3/28/18 9:27 AM, Vincent Daanen wrote:
Hi,

I want to add CAN driver support to the kernel. Here is the procedure
followed:

  1. Generate a .config file
  2. Copy it to meta-myWork/recipes-kernel/linux/files/defconfig
  3. Update it: set at the end the config to enable CAN as follows

# CAN Bus

CONFIG_NET=y

CONFIG_CAN=y

CONFIG_CAN_RAW=y

CONFIG_CAN_BCM=y

CONFIG_CAN_GW=y

#

# CAN Device Drivers

#

CONFIG_CAN_VCAN=y

# CONFIG_CAN_SLCAN is not set

CONFIG_CAN_DEV=y

# CONFIG_CAN_CALC_BITTIMING is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_LEDS is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_SJA1000 is not set

  4. Update the linux-yocto_%.bbappend file as follows

SUMMARY = "Recipe to configure kernel as required"

LICENSE = "CLOSED"

inherit kernel-yocto

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

SRC_URI += file://defconfig

  5. Request rebuilt:

bitbake linux-yocto-rt -c cleansstate

bitbake -k linux-yocto-rt

Once the image started (with qemu), I check if the CAN is enabled
(using zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CAN) and I always get “CAN not set”

I also tried using fragment and I got the same result ☹

According the user manual, it seems to me I’m doing the right think!

Does someone know why my defconfig file is not taken into account ?

If you are using linux-yocto for your kernel provider then I wouldr recommend
that you look into developer manual.

you should look into using config fragments to modify the needed
options e.g. see
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#cha
nging-the-configuration

I don't understand what you mean. That's what I'm doing. I followed the
procedure described in the link you provide... Can u explain ?

Create a file for config fragment say can.cfg and put all options you want to change in that file and then add that to SRC_URI
you dont need to create full defconfig.

Thanks

Vincent