Hi Greg,

There are no leads to follow in logs? How about using netstat to check if port is really open?

Can you connect locally from a mysql client running in the device instead of using it externally?

BTW, verify that the skip-networking paramater is commented in your my.cnf file. Maybe networking is disabled by default.

Regards,