On 05/03/2018 04:37 PM, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
# Have dnf always print in verbose mode and print the output to
bb.debug instead of bb.note.

I think this is the best solution actually.

I disagree with changing bb.note to bb.debug for this. It is very good
to be able to look in log.do_rootfs to see what dnf has done (we have
ROOTFS_RPM_DEBUG set by default). Changing the output to debug level
would mean having to run bitbake with -D, which is anything but
desirable.

If I'm reading the bitbake --help right, bb.debug (and bb.note) are always written to the log; setting -D level or -v only affects what is printed on stdout.

Alex