Hi Ricardo

On 6/10/18 7:06 PM, Ricardo Ramirez wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

My question was a follow up of Khem's inquire (posted on 2014-05-02)

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2014-May/019387.html

this reply still holds as of today.

Using the links you sent me, I found that the old OE-Classic branch supports sparc32 but didn't see any sparc64

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/oe-classic/recipes/

As such, I'd like to know what steps I need to follow in order to enable a SPARCv9 machine in Yocto.

We support arm/aarch64/mips/mips64/ppc/ppc64/riscv64/x86/x86_64 for major arches in OE-Core, we also carry patches to support SH4 but do not test actively for it. sparc support is in there atleast I see basic constructs are there. Its should be possible to build upon that easily. But it will not work out of box to set your expectations right.

I appreciate your answer.

-R