On 07/06/2018 01:28 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
Hi Robert

On Wednesday, 4 July 2018 7:52:05 PM NZST you wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I met layerindex' loaddata problems yesterday and
today,
I still didn't find the root cause. Have you tried dumpdata and loaddata
recently, please ?

What I did was:

$ python3 manage.py dumpdata --settings settings --exclude=contenttypes
--exclude=auth.Permission --    exclude=corsheaders >dumped.json

On another environment:
Setup database to sqlite3 in settings.py.
$ python3 manage.py loaddata --settings settings dumped.json

The first problem I got was:
[snip]
    File
"/buildarea1/lyang1/layerindex-web/.venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/reversion/revisions.py",
line 410, in _assert_registered
      model=model,
reversion.errors.RegistrationError: Problem installing fixture
'/buildarea1/lyang1/layerindex-web/dumped.json': <class
'layerindex.models.Distro'> has not been registered with django-reversion
[snip]

I think it is because we didn't use @reversion.register() for the class, so I
added them to layerindex/models.py, then I got other errors:

[snip]
    File
"/buildarea1/lyang1/layerindex-web/.venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/reversion/models.py",
line 272, in _local_field_dict
      field_dict[field.attname] = getattr(obj, field.attname)
AttributeError: Problem installing fixture
'/buildarea1/lyang1/layerindex-web/dumped.json': 'Branch' object has no
attribute 'layerbranch_id'

Hmm, that's odd. Branch shouldn't have layerbranch_id, it's the other way
around -
LayerBranch has a branch_id.

I'm not sure what's wrong atm, need more investigations.

I need loaddata on my localhost to do development testing, so I can't start
work on update.py until I fix the loaddata problem.

I have used loaddata and dumpdata here (a couple of times) but not recently.
I did not experience these issues before though. However these don't seem like
issues that would have started as a result of this patchset (or indeed recent
changes, other than perhaps an upgrade of django-reversion), have you been
using loaddata/dumpdata prior to this?

dumpdata/loaddata worked well before March, Konrad (in CC) worked it around by:

dumpdata --exclude=corsheaders --exclude=reversion.version --exclude=reversion.revision --exclude=captcha.captchastore --exclude=sessions.session

So I can loaddata now.

I've finished patch for 5/7, but I met other problems when testing on completely
new branch which caused by recently changes, I will fix them and send out
patches later

// Robert

Cheers,
Paul