From: Raymond Yeung <rksye...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 11:05 PM
To: yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: How to remove a package from a build

We've our own non-yocto openssl that we want to use.  At the moment, we're
using "sato" image, rather than "minimal" and includes its openssl that is
out-of-date.  What is the best way to exclude it from our image (and from
sysroots)?

We have thought about two ideas -

  1.  Use smaller image like core-image-base, or core-image-full-cmdline (but
not -minimal that may remove too much functionality).
  2.  Use INSTALL_IMAGE_remove += " openssl"

Would either one work?  Also, how do I follow the .bb files etc (e.g. starting
from the one for sato) to trace down which sub-package includes openssl?

Thanks,

Raymond