On 07/09/2018 04:36 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Monday, 9 July 2018 10:34:07 AM CEST Paul Eggleton wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Monday, 9 July 2018 6:11:30 AM CEST Robert Yang wrote:
Fixed:
Assume there is no master branch in hello layer:
$ update.py -l hello -b master
INFO: Skipping update of layer hello - branch master doesn't exist

This is correct since hello layer doesn't have master branch, but when
--nocheckout:
$ update.py -l hello -b master  --nocheckout
[snip]
INFO: Sorting layers for branch mater:
WARNING: Cannot find required collections on branch master:
WARNING: hello: LAYERDEPENDS: <snip>

This is incorrect, this patch fixed the problem, now it skips it since the
branch doesn't exists when --nocheckout.

This fix doesn't seem right. The intention of --nocheckout is to not check
anything
out, i.e. use whatever HEAD is in the current repository. It wouldn't be correct
to get the commit from the origin in this case.

Actually, on a second reading of the change. It's not obvious why this is
needed but I suppose the comment clarifies it.

Do I need update commit message, please ?

// Robert

Cheers,
Paul