Hello,

I have been building some modules using the SDK for a while now.  This is
mostly for development flow purposes but we have had a few customers doing this
as well.  To get this to work we always need to run “make silentoldconfig
scripts” inside the RFS of the SDK on the build host.  Many folks forget to do
this this and thus many, many questions come my way about the SDK being broken
and they can’t build their modules (not all users are kernel experts or even
intermediates… they just want to apply a patch and quickly move on to their
app).  Is there a way to do this auto-magically during the installation of the
SDK by adding some type of scripts etc… to the recipe?  I assume it needs to be
done at install time since while the build host is x86… the exact linux distro
is not known until then (or does that matter?).

—Russ