VOLATILE-BINDS is kinda what I am looking for, but without the dependency of
systemd

From: Khem Raj [mailto:raj.k...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 5:54 PM
To: Bishop, Mark (STRT)
Cc: Yocto Project
Subject: Re: [yocto] bbappend and placing a file into /tmp on the target

May be look into VOLATILE_BINDS

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM Bishop, Mark (STRT)
<mbis...@smithsinterconnectinc.com<mailto:mbis...@smithsinterconnectinc.com>>
wrote:
I am trying to expand an existing package (base-passwd) and having it place
/etc/passwd into /tmp/

I’m failing pretty miserably and am looking for some hints/tips.

Mark Bishop
Sr. Firmware/Software Engineer – Microwave Subsystems

[cid:image001.png@01D281ED.A45F0A90]

4726 Eisenhower Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33634
USA

T  +1 813 901 7293

mbis...@smithsinterconnectinc.com<mailto:mbis...@smithsinterconnectinc.com>

smithsinterconnect.com<http://www.smithsinterconnect.com/>

TRAK MICROWAVE IS NOW SMITHS INTERCONNECT!

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the authority by
replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail. In addition,
information contained in or attached to this e-mail may be subject to either 22
C.F.R. Parts 120?130, or 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774. These regulations prohibit
the release or disclosure of certain information contained herein to anyone who
is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien, without a license first
having been issued. Failure to observe such requirements is a violation of U.S.
law that carries serious penalties.   ­­