Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the response, do you set build type in each recipe individually or
is there some central .conf file or other other location that you set it?

Matt S.
From: Andreas Müller <schnitzelt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:31 PM
To: Matt Schuckmann
Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] CMake based recipes and defining CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:39 PM Matt Schuckmann
<matt.schuckm...@planar.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to understand why the cmake.bbclass doesn't make any attempt to
> set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and what the design philosophy behind that is?
>
> On the surface I would expect that the default build type would be Release
> but I can see how that might not always be the right choice. I'm really
> surprised that there isn't a global variable that can be set for this, am I
> missing something, or is it really expected that each recipe provide it if
> they care?
>

> FYI I started looking into this when I realized that NDEBUG is not set for
> many (if not all) of my CMake based recipes and thus asserts are still
> enabled in my production code. This appears to be known behavior for CMake if
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is not set.
>

> Matt S.

Hi Matt,

This is not a full answer but Release is not a common target for us:
cmake will produce not containing debug info. With these debugging is
useless (and you'll get package qa warnings). If there is a default
target for us it is RelWithDebInfo.

Andreas