On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:06 AM Pierluigi Greto
<pierluigi.gr...@bisdn.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you for the reply. In the attahcment the layer for the kernel and
> the layer with the machine configurations.

Thanks for the layers. I was able to pull together a thud build env
and do some tests.

For me, I see the defconfig being used as expected. The key words
there may be "as expected".

How were you determining that the defconfig wasn't being used ?

There are always some minor differences between most defconfigs and
what ends up  the .config due to minor kernel version differences, or
the fact that by default, when a defconfig is fed through the
linux-yocto config process it assumes that the defconfig is fairly
complete and is intended to be a full specification .. as such, it
runs merge config with allnoconfig first, and then applies the
defconfig on top. So if something was perhaps being selected by an
option, or a default configuration was being assumed .. you will see
some minor deltas.

Bruce

> Pierluigi
>
> On 06/06/19 15:47, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:38 AM Pierluigi Greto <pierluigi.gr...@bisdn.de>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have to create a custom 4.14.49 linux kernel. In my recipe I have added
> >> my defconfig, but yocto it's not taking in consideration the defconfig.
> >> Instead it's building the kernel using the default values. Also the
> >> compilation task is to fast for building the kernel. My target system is
> >> an arm architecture (DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa9").
> >> I have tried also to append this on my recipe but the result does not
> >> change:
> > Can you share your kernel recipe and layer(s) + defconfig ? Things are
> > working fine for me, but if I can see (and build) your recipes perhaps
> > something can be spotted.
> >
> > Bruce
> >
> >> do_compile_prepend() {
> >>       cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/defconfig
> >>       cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/.config
> >>       oe_runmake -C ${B} ARCH=${ARCH} ${S}/defconfig
> >> }
> >>
> >> If i try to "cheat" and add cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${S}/.config on the
> >> do_compile_prepend obviously make will not work: "kernel-source is not
> >> clean, please run 'make mrprop' ".
> >>
> >> Any suggestions is very welcome.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Pierluigi
> >>
> >> --

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II