OK, thanks. We would like to use Eclipse because we are coming from Windows and
it would give us the possibility to code and debug easier or in a more known
way.

Von: Alexander Kanavin [mailto:alex.kana...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. August 2019 12:03
An: Bert Böhne <bert.boe...@systec.de>
Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org
Betreff: Re: [yocto] Yocto 2.7 SDK Eclipse

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 11:00, Bert Böhne
<bert.boe...@systec.de<mailto:bert.boe...@systec.de>> wrote:
thanks for your reply. Do I need the plugins for writing and debugging code in
Eclipse? The documentation says:

24.9.11. ADT Removed¶

The Application Development Toolkit (ADT) has been removed because its
functionality almost completely overlapped with the standard SDK and the
extensible SDK. For information on these SDKs and how to build and use them,
see the Yocto Project Application Development and the Extensible Software
Development Kit (eSDK) manual.

So would it work if I use Eclipse and maybe a plugin for CMake? Start Eclipse
from the cmdline where I sourced the SDK environment setup script?

What is the ‘normal’ way or tool for writing applications? Is it weird to want
to use Eclipse?

I do not want to define 'normal'; for me personally the way to work is to do
everything from command line, with an extremely lightweight editor (e.g. nano).
Since I have never used Eclipse, I do not know what the (now removed) plugins
actually do. You can certainly still edit code using Eclipse but I can imagine
that for building it, and running it and other things you would have to switch
to the command line.

Alex