I'm trying to include ostree into a raspberry pi boot2qt build based on thud.

I'm getting a warning:
WARNING: linux-raspberrypi-1_4.14.112+gitAUTOINC+6b5c4a2508-r0
do_kernel_metadata: defconfig detected in WORKDIR. bcm2709_defconfig skipped

Which I figure that I can probably ignore, but may find I have a problem with
it if it is missing out on my config changes.

More concerning is the following error:

ERROR: ostree-v2018.9-r0 do_unpack: gitsm: submodule unpack failed: UnpackError
Unpack failure for URL:
'gitsm://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libglnx.git;protocol=https;name=libglnx;subpath=libglnx;bareclone=1;nobranch=1'.
 No up to date source found: clone directory not available or not up to date:
/home/gwilson/Qt/Qt-5.13.1/Yocto-build-RPi3/build-raspberrypi3/../downloads/git2/gitlab.gnome.org.GNOME.libglnx.git;
 shallow clone not enabled

The 'gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libglnx' subdirectory is there, so that would imply
that something is wrong with the initial protocol or other decorators. I also
did a clean on ostree just to make sure there wasn't any problem with git ->
gitsm changes.

Is there anyone with familiarity with the ostree system that could give me a
hand on this? It is possible that I'm missing some configuration, the docs are
not the clearest.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Wilson-Lindberg