Thanks for the reply. Can you help me which file to modify to prevent
downloading certain packages and modules using BAD_RECOMMENDATION?

And how to have only pyc files in the final image to improve speed and reduce
footprint?

Following are the lines in my yocto project which install python packages.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
    python3 \
    python3-core \
    python3-misc \
    python3-async \
    python3-six \
    python3-websockets \
    python3-requests \
    python3-urllib3 \
    python3-chardet \
    python3-websocket-client \
    python3-pyopenssl \
    python3-simplejson \
    python3-cython \

Pardon for some stupid questions as I am new to yocto.