> On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 04:01 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> If its a native recipe, there are no packages and therefore FILES
> doesn't make sense.

Oh, I have to admit I'm pretty new to the concept of the native packages.
Where can I find the list of files that are considered to be installed into
a "native" packages sysroot?

An good option for me would be to eg. install the toolchain into the native
sysroots /opt/ dir for usage by other recipes.

> Can you confirm that recipe does work?

For the TI recipe, no, I can't. I found it online and used it as a guide for
my first steps on the topic.

> If you install the binaries into ${bindir} they will. If you place them
> somewhere else which the system doesn't know about, they probably
> won't.
>
> There are ways to make alternative locations work but I don't see any
> of that in the above recipe.

Can you point me to these ways? :)

> There isn't anything that special about a baremetal compiler except it
> sets some different default flags and is missing the library support.

I agree, though using linaro has the benefit that we would use the same
toolchain in yocto as in "regular development" of the m4 functionality.

Best regards, Olli