Yes, I did the same, read all the entries of the blog, agree with some
of the points, others not and checked out the apps mentioned which I
didn't already either know or own. And I do know what my favorite all-
rounder would be, a mix of :

Yojimbo (passwords & serials / selective encryption / network sync'ing /
nice feel)
+DevonThinkOffice (files easy accessible on finder level / mail
backkup / quick search / stores everything / sheets with record
entries / OCR /several databases possible)
+Journler (interface / nested folders / smart within smart folders /
tables etc. possible / mark as done)
+VoodooPad (great little wiki)
+Yep (great for PDF's, and version 1.5.2 greatly improved over the review)
+Curios (sketching / various background / great sleuth integration /
flow-charting)

Haha, I know I know, but this would be quite perfect in an unperfect world :-)

It really would be great to have a true "all-in-one", but then the
danger is the same as with DevonThink which had been for me in the past
to through just about everything at it and (oh yes, this was fun) to
loose a whole database because it had gone corrupt - many, many versions
earlier than the current version (it handles databases completely
different now and this could no longer happen). They used to have some
sync between machines but if I remember correctly, that had been part of
my problem then.

All this said and because this IS the Yojimbo list : looking over all
the features and what Yojimbo shines at for my personal use, there are
only 2 things I would really like to see implemented : nested folders
and some better image handling (i.e. when I drag a photo to it that it
gets stored as it's own thing and not that I have to drag&drop into some
new text file and the image then remains there just as some sort of
picture clipping.

---marlyse

------------ former message(s) quotes: -------------