On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Rich Siegel wrote:

Yojimbo stores its data using the OS X "Core Data" system, which puts everything in a single database. It doesn't store any data in separate files. What's making you think that it does?

It has been explained to me that these files are exported by Yojimbo so that Spotlight can index them. I see other apps doing the same, e.g. iCal exporting calendar entries one per file.

My concern with Yojimbo is that these files are frequently very large, some 500k, some 1Mb and some 2Mb. I thought the file sizes match up but all the Yojimbo Spotlight files add up to less than 30Mb whereas my database is 135Mb.

What does Yojimbo put in these files that makes them large and why do the sizes not add up?

        Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog