If it was possible to use boolean terms in the tag collection
definitions, that would be pretty handy. Then you could say to collect
items tagged with "'oracle' or 'postgres' or 'mysql' or 'dba'", etc.

What I do for similar situations is use generic secondary tags, such
as 'db' for database in your case, that I apply to items in addition
to the more specific tag, and then set up a tag collection for 'db'.

Jim