I would love it if the quick input dock also included tag entry. It would save me an extra step on literally every piece of textual information that I enter into Yojimbo. I understand that with things like Web archives and pdf's I would still have to do step two.

The Quick Input panel (the small window in the upper right, usually accessed through F8) does support tagging.

The Drop Dock (the tab to the right) currently does not. Coincidentally, this morning Jim and I were discussing how to make tagging work for the Drop Dock. We've got some ideas, but they won't be fully baked for awhile.

In the meantime, I use a script I posted a couple months ago:

<http://www.listsearch.com/Yojimbo/Thread/index.lasso?786#3857>