I tried lots of sync/backup apps, got bored with the constant errors, followed the advice given to me on this board, and started using rsync (a UNIX utility that ships pre-installed on your Mac). I haven't looked back. It is incredibly reliable and solid, amazingingly fast, can back up across the internet via SSH (again, very fast) and is not that difficult to understand. You can even wrap the commands up in an AppleScript doscript so you don't need to tinker in the terminal.

Here's an example. I'm no expert but this works for me. Other more experienced users might want to chime in.

You have a folder on your Desktop test1 that you want to Backup to another folder on your Desktop test2 (just an example!!)

        Open Terminal

Type the below (this will move the whole Folder test1 into test2 and show you what's happening in the Terminal):

rsync -avz /Users/yourUserName/Desktop/test1\ /Users/yourUserName/ Desktop/test2

If you want it to Delete any files that are in the Destination that are not in the source, add --delete:

rsync -avz --delete /Users/yourUserName/Desktop/test1\ /Users/ yourUserName/Desktop/test2

If you want to build a list of Excluded files and folders, create a file with the items listed in it each on a single line, then add this (I've put mine on the Desktop again for this example and called the file: "rync_excludes"):

rsync -avz --delete --exclude-from=/Users/yourUserName/Desktop/ rync_excludes /Users/yourUserName/Desktop/test1 /Users/yourUserName/ Desktop/test2

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one other thing - it's free!

Pat