Alternative universe?

1) when I try a straight-ahead spotlight search on <safari notes> I turn up, unsurprisingly, a Yojimbo item whose title includes the words <Safari> and <Notes> among dozens of other hits

2) when I try a spotlight search on <safari notes kind:yojimbo item> several things are found, none of them Yojimbo items.

3) when I try a spotlight search on <safari notes kind:"yojimbo item"> only Yojimbo items are found, but none of them is the item found in the first search.

Now this is puzzling....any hints about what is happening here?

(OS 10.4.11, Yojimbo 1.5. the <> characters delimit the literal text that was typed, but weren't themselves entered.)

Martin