Thanks Pete,

I liked your script and just tweaked it a bit. I do plan to add a remove option at some point. The solution is not as elegant as an actual feature in the software itself, but...

tell application "Yojimbo"
        tell front browser window
                set colls to selected collections
                repeat with coll in colls
                        set everyi to every database item of coll
                        set destination to ((path to desktop folder) as text)
                        tell application "Finder"
                                make new folder at destination with properties
{name:name of coll}
                        end tell
                        export everyi to destination & name of coll
                        (*remove everyi etc.*)
                end repeat
        end tell
end tell