On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Jacob Lyles wrote:

I'm hesitating to update to the latest Yojimbo release:

version    1.5.1 (70)    (1/31/2008)
€ Adobe Illustrator files are no longer included as a readable image type.

I use Illustrator CS2. With Illustrator CS2, the default doc (.ai) is PDF compatible. I can open it in Preview with no problems. This clashes with the
idea that Adobe Illustrator files are no longer readable image types.

Adobe Illustrator files were never treated as PDFs in Yojimbo.

In 1.5, they were inadvertently treated as Images (a new type) because the underlying OS services that we used advertised that it could read them as an image. (It cannot - it can only generate thumbnails from .ai files.)

1.5.1 doesn't take away a feature, but rather fixes a bug in 1.5 where you could import a .ai file but were left with a blank image item.

Jim