Didn't mean to be prescriptive. I am not a programmer and could care less about core data or whatever. Certainly I have some understanding of technology and it seems bizarre that no release has been forthcoming that plays well with Time Machine - it certainly is an indication "Core Data" is the wrong tool for the job. I am sure Apple has all sorts of tech that is or isn't appropriate for various applications. I often wonder if the Apple file system technology that comes with OSX would have been the right tool for Yojimbo (I only started to wonder when I was surprised to find out it wasn't the underlying tech for yojimbo other than storing one big blob).

I would have expected Yojimbo to play well with RSync before leopard (and assumed it was), and now with Time Machine, the size of the backups is rather large (and i am hopeful the yojimbo archive is not corrupt).

If you/they are waiting for apple to make Core Data practical for time machine compatibility, I saw this on WIkipedia (so it might be true):

"Core Data can serialize objects into XML, Binary, or SQLite for storage. With the release of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, developers can also create their own custom atomic store types. ". Any application to the problem at hand?

Angry - no - why would I be angry? Annoyed I am not getting the utility out of Time Machine I would expect, and disturbed all my files archived in Yojimbo are in one big opaque file - yes.

Doug