Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
I'm trying to grok where there was a discussion for all that code that you just checked in. Was this something that you were working on your own and just decided to check it in?

Hi Alan,

It is just the org.omg.* classes related to security (taken from our Trifork ORB, much easier than messing around with IDL).

I am not a big fan of storing generated source code into SVN. What are other people's opinions?

I have also checked in some portable interceptors, which implement GSSUP. They are also from the Trifork ORB, but since they are fully portable i thought I would check it in also for everyone to see. They are not currently used.

The code added does not affect anything, so I did not see any problem just checking it in.
Someone could have been working on it or intending to work on it and, like you, never bothered to tell people that something was in progress. I think that people should file Jiras to announce what they intend to do. A little discussion about it on the dev list would be better than none.

Can you tell me what is Trifork's plan on releasing code from their code base? At the moment, it strikes me as a bit ad hoc.

Regards,
Alan