From: Alexey Petrenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 July 2006 07:55
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Using Yoko in Apache Harmony

2006/7/26, Anders Hessellund Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > If not then I got few questions/suggestions...
> > 1. Which of the jars produced by Yoko build are more suitable for
> > our needs? I'm looking on yoko-core...
> In addition you would probably want the yoko-rmi module, which
> implements the stuff in javax.rmi and javax.rmi.CORBA .
I've just checked Harmony sources... We got 2 java.rmi implementations
:) But there is no javax.rmi...

Thanks.

> In addition you would probably want an IDL compiler. Work on this has
> not started yet.
Yep, I've seen corresponding Yoko issue.

> > 3. Yoko has more packages in org.omg then specified in 1.5 spec. Is
> > it possible to produce a special jar for Harmony without those
packages?
> > :)
> As I understand it, the 1.5 spec requires CORBA version 2.3.1 + a few
> additions from later releases. Yoko implements CORBA version 2.4 (i
> think). It is currently not possible to run Yoko using version 2.3 of
> the CORBA spec.
Understood.
=> the Corba Version supports Corba 2.6 as far as I know.
Yoko supports CORBA 2.6?
There are just org.omg.CORBA_2_3 and org.omg.CORBA_2_4 packages in yoko-core.

> Would it be OK (from a Harmony standpoint) to provide a higher level
> of CORBA support than the spec requires? Provided, of course, that it
> is fully backwards compatible?
We should discuss that on harmony-dev.

> > 4. Are you planing to put some prebuilt jars to your site? M1
> > release for example... We think that the best way for us will be to
> > download a prebuilt Yoko jar and put it into our deploy directory.
> A M1 milestone is on the way.
And will you put some prebuilt jar to your site? :)

> Does Harmony have any requirements regarding the dependencies we add
> to yoko? For example, the yoko-rmi module currently requires apache
BCEL.
I think there will be no problem with this. We already have some
dependencies with the projects with compatible licences.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division