> As an alternative to arat, Checkstyle has a header check. It currently
> targets only java files, though. I could fix that quite easily in the
> checkstyle core, so that all files can be checked.
This would be great Lars. As yoko already implements checkstyle, I suggest we
turn the header check on for java files in the short term.

I don't know much about arat, but I assume it should be pretty simple to create
a maven2 plugin for it if required. Looking at the arat project page, it looks
like it is being created to automatically check the full apache release
compliance. Not sure where it stands in its capabilities, but I can see
integrating this tool into the yoko distribution module as an important step.

-Adi