It sounds like the most responses favored Geronimo for the ORB code and the bindings bits to CXF.

We can do this in successive stages but at a minimum I think we need to outline the split of the code to the projects. Dan, would you be willing to outline the proposal for the split so a proposal can be drafted for consideration to the PMCs?

I'll take a whack at the porposal which will include:

1. Background for the move
2. Code to be moved
3. Committers that would come with the code base.

Then ask the PMCs for their response.

I can start a separate vote on which direction as a starting point which sounds like:

Geronimo / CXF
OpenEJB / CXF
Harmony / CXF

Although, based on the feedback that Geronimo / CXF seems to be the predominant choice. If folks feel like we should formalize this for a vote respond on this thread.

I'll work to do some research on the Apache sorts of issues in doing this from Incubator and put together a proposal text for review by Tuesday.