-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of mark
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:09 AM
To: discussion, yoper-dev - open minded
Subject: [yoper-dev] Thoughts....

Morning all :)

I am feeling a bit better today, so I am back to the "hub" of my PC empire -
the bedroom ;) Its like some sort of Star Trek command console surrounded by
these PCs again!

Glad to hear!

Anyway, nosing around over the last few days - taking things nice and
steady,
I came across a few things I thought may be worth mentioning.

First up is the lack of any screenshot availability on the website. I know
things will be changing as time moves on, but one of the main reasons I
chose Yoper in the first place when I was distro hunting, was the screenshots of
the OS. It looked cool! I feel some shots of Yoper - even the testing
versions - would be nice on the website. I know its hard to get shots - but
Ksnapshot is included with Yoper, which will take images of the display.
Getting install images is less easy - Qemu still refuses to play, despite a
lot of tweaking here.

OK, what about the review which provided plenty of screenshots ? And
well once Yoper is installed you can easily use ksnapshot .

Second - the link for reporting problems with the forum still points to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]". IIRC, we looked into this ages ago - and there was no
way for Marlon to sort it. Its only a small issue, but if a new user ( or
more experienced user for that) gets a problem which brings up the
"incorrect > use of the board..." type message, they click on report this and
get a mail
to a dead account.

Ok, will look into this today.

Thirdly - spamming. I know several people have raised this. The latest fun
for
spammers seems to be forum posting. I guess wikis are locked down too much
for them!  I appreciate the efforts of the team on hiding the messages these
morons post - but can I ask that people let me know the username of the
spammer they hid - and if they deleted the post or simply hid it. That way I
can remove the offending spammer from the forum permanently and see about
blocking their IPs. Last night I deleted around 20 spammers whose posts had
been removed but they were still live members.
I have taken action to block the more persistant IP ranges, but sadly, the
board does not allow me to make specific email addresses verify through me.
Most of the spam comes from mail.ru addresses - but if I block all mail.ru
addys, then I am blocking some current genuine members as well as potential
members. So for now I am blocking specific IP ranges, based on research ;)

Anyway, thats it for now ;)
Hope you are settling in OK in NZ Tobias!  I was informed that parts of MZ
were issued with a severe weather warning regarding snow yesterday! It is
almost like being back in Gemany I expect! lol

:D . Well we're far from getting snow here. We've been out here last
night and by the time it got to cold for me it was 1 a.m. ;) .

cheers

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.